Sales Support/IT Sales Trainee
Salary – tbc
Based – Kingston, Surrey
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated, commercially-minded and organised person to gain quality hands-on experience for a sales or general business career by joining a small but emerging IT wholesaler company with exciting growth plans. Locate IT is fast growing, distributing major brands like IBM, LENOVO, HP and other Tier One products. Its customer base is principally made up of IT resellers and distributors across the UK.
Initially you will work alongside sales account managers in the company to give you a full exposure to the business and for you to develop a breadth of understanding. Your responsibilities will be to support the sales team with sales administration, information gathering and other sales responsibilities as your knowledge progresses. Duties will be varied and include – liaising with customers and suppliers, supporting the sales staff in a number of roles including marketing, research and admin.
You will be mentored by experienced sales professionals and shadow them in their day-to-day duties.
It is an excellent way to learn how the business operates and to grow gradually into a full sales / account management role.
It is a small company so your development will be ‘on the job’ and informal; there won’t be extensive external training. Ultimately (ie after 6 months or so), you will take up the role in sales where you will be predominantly selling on the telephone; you will sell the full range of IT products to business customers.
- You will be an undergraduate looking to commence a career in sales.
- You may well have some sales experience.
- You will be well-organised and have some MS Office skills
- You will have a good appreciation of the IT world and an enthusiasm for the subject, but it is not a technical IT trainee role.
- You will have the commercial acumen to learn fast.
- You will have a presentable appearance with excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently with clients on the telephone and in face-to-face situations.
- Key attributes: enthusiasm; ambition; willingness to work hard; adaptable and self-motivated.
The salary carries a basic salary plus bonus and the opportunity to progress your earnings quickly as your sales skills develop.
The role is based in the south west area of London, in Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey. It is important that you live locally or at least with an easy commute to the office.
Start – summer 2019 for 12 months.
Applications to email@example.com