Capital & Provincial – Construction & Property Consultancy – Central London – £17500
Short Summary of Company and Role
Capital and Provincial provides client focused and results led Project Management and Property Consultancy services to a wide client base from international corporations, to developers and individuals across the UK and Europe. Based in Farnham and Central London (Carnaby Street), we have a growing team of 15 staff.
This role will suit an undergraduate in building surveying, construction project management, or similar.
This is an excellent opportunity for an undergraduate to join the highly motivated team and gain a range of hands-on skills and exposure across all areas of the business, including surveying, costing & planning, and project management. You will assist the experienced members of staff, work shadowing at first and then developing your own portfolio of responsibilities in relatively short order.
The company has three principle activities (below) and you will gain hands-on experience in each of them. You will be mentored by experienced professionals and shadow them in their day-to-day duties. It is an excellent way to learn how the business operates and to gain an excellent grounding in your later chosen area of specialisation.
- Project Management. Proving practical and motivational leadership, our project management teams are drawn from across the full spectrum of construction specialisms. This breadth of experience ensures projects of all sizes are delivered to deadline, budget and expectations.
- Cost Monitoring. Our cost consultancy services provide a proficient fair value assessment of costs to inform an understanding of the balance between expenditure, time and quality. We present clear and regular reports to keep clients informed of project progress and ongoing financial commitments.
- Building Surveying. We not only understand buildings but people’s vision and strategic plans for them. Our experienced surveyors are accustomed to operating within the fast-paced world of commercial property and we take great pride in on our ability to react quickly and tailor our services to suit clients’ needs.
It is a small company so your development will be ‘on the job’ and informal; there won’t be extensive external training but you will receive practical and technical training as required. As your placement year progresses, you will take up increasing levels of responsibility.
- You will be an undergraduate looking to commence a career in construction project management and/or building surveying.
- You will have a good appreciation of the building and construction world and a genuine enthusiasm for the subject.
- You will be well-organised and have good MS Office skills
- You will have the commercial acumen to learn fast.
- You will have a presentable appearance with the ability to communicate confidently with clients and colleagues on the telephone and in face-to-face situations.
- Key attributes: enthusiasm; ambition; willingness to work hard; adaptable and self-motivated.
Application Email Address